[videogames] What games are you playing right now?

I started playing Batman: Arkham Knight and my god, the Batmobile is the worst, especially the first roof top scenario...

Another than that, I'm not too deep into the game yet, but I'm liking it.

Have to say, Probably against the grain here but was seriously disappointed by it. AMAZING for a few hours of gameplay but it became so repetitive so quickly. A visual and technical masterpiece, great story but, no amount of visual and story prowess could make up for it.
Regarding RDR2. I here ya a bit. Repetiveness is what got me stop playing the first Red dead years ago and what made me very slow to buy part two. I bought it mainly for two reasons:
1. I needed a game that would test my system and force me to upgrade.
2. Everybody saying it's the perfect game.

I've been playing it for a few weeks now and I have to say I really like it. It has something the first game didn't have, a near perfect level of immersion, especially online. I guess that's due to the high level of detail and extraordinary graphics.

I started playing Batman: Arkham Knight and my god, the Batmobile is the worst, especially the first roof top scenario...

As much as I love Batman, I doubt I'll ever play Arkham Knight or Origins. I found Arkham City too repetitive and never even finished it.

As much as I love Batman, I doubt I'll ever play Arkham Knight or Origins. I found Arkham City too repetitive and never even finished it.
I unfortunately never played the other Batman games, but since Arkham Knight was free a couple of months ago on PS plus, I decided to download it and give it a chance.

The combat style is similar to Spider-Man and in my opinion, Spider-Man did it better.

Regarding RDR2. I here ya a bit. Repetiveness is what got me stop playing the first Red dead years ago and what made me very slow to buy part two. I bought it mainly for two reasons:
1. I needed a game that would test my system and force me to upgrade.
2. Everybody saying it's the perfect game.

I've been playing it for a few weeks now and I have to say I really like it. It has something the first game didn't have, a near perfect level of immersion, especially online. I guess that's due to the high level of detail and extraordinary graphics.

I loved Red Dead Redemption 2! One of my favorite games of 2018. Never played the first one, but the commercials for RDR2 caught my interest.

I unfortunately never played the other Batman games, but since Arkham Knight was free a couple of months ago on PS plus, I decided to download it and give it a chance.

The combat style is similar to Spider-Man and in my opinion, Spider-Man did it better.
Spiderman may have improved it but Batman originated it. Arkham Asylum was revolutionary at the time because it was the first game with free flowing combat.

Still, I absolutely wish I could play Spiderman.

My go to game is always company of heroes 2, although I've enjoyed dead cells recently too.

Bought an RTX 2070 recently and tbh it's just wasted as I don't really play any demanding games.

As I said before, I'm knocking through the City That Never Sleeps on Spider-Man but I was previously on Red Dead Redemption 2, was really looking forward to it and eventually bought it after an awful string of money being a distant memory...

Have to say, Probably against the grain here but was seriously disappointed by it. AMAZING for a few hours of gameplay but it became so repetitive so quickly. A visual and technical masterpiece, great story but, no amount of visual and story prowess could make up for it.

It took me months to finish RDR2. My issue with that game was mostly its weird gameplay (its predecessor was better in that regard). But it's a technical masterpiece as you said.

I'm still salty as Rockstar for not delivering single-player DLC for GTA V despite saying they would.

Sadly the game has a bit too much Batmobile... You'll see.

Arkham Asylum is my favorite game of the trilogy (I didn't play Origins) and one the best games of that gen.

Last edited:
sup gamers. I'm currently playing Persona 2 Eternal Punishment and Death Stranding.

Can't wait for March.

It took me months to finish RDR2. My issue with that game was mostly its weird gameplay (its predecessor was better in that regard). But it's a technical masterpiece as you said.

I'm still salty as Rockstar for not delivering single-player DLC for GTA V despite saying they would.

Sadly the game has a bit too much Batmobile... You'll see.

Arkham Asylum is my favorite game of the trilogy (I didn't play Origins) and one the best games of that gen.
Fuck... I was afraid of that :emoji_disappointed:

My go to game is always company of heroes 2, although I've enjoyed dead cells recently too.

Bought an RTX 2070 recently and tbh it's just wasted as I don't really play any demanding games.
I can't keep up with all the stupid ''community patches'' of coh2, they've rebalanced the game about 5+ times in the last year or 18 months around 4v4 pvp balancing and basically turned every unit into a reskin of some other faction's unit.

For example, the MG teams were all different, the maxim was cheap with a small cone of fire, the MG34 was shit, the MG42 of the Wehr was great and was a huge boon to the faction, and the Vickers was OP but you accepted each faction's MG team as a strength or weakness of that faction. Now every MG team is a basically exactly the same as every other MG team because of 4v4 pvp balancing whiners.

I'm playing Dragon Ball Z Kakarot and it's a lot of fun and a lot of nostalgia!

Loved Red Dead 2. That game was a masterpiece, actually got like emotionally invested in it fully by the end. On another playthru of Skyrim right now. Excited for MLB The Show 20 when it comes out soon.

Any love for roguelikes? I just beat Slay the Spire and working my way through ToMe4 now.
Not a huge fan of rogue likes but Slay the Spire is fun. Still haven't beaten it yet though.

Currently playing Halo Reach MCC on PC.

Any love for roguelikes? I just beat Slay the Spire and working my way through ToMe4 now.
I couldn't get in to Slay the Spire, and I do like roguelikes, turn based and card based combat usually. Guess I'll give it another go down the line. If you like that sort of game have you played Darkest Dungeon or Thea the Awakening?

Monster hunter world: iceborne