POLL - The Alerts System, Please VOTE

Do you want to continue to Receive an ALERT for Staff actions against your post?

• Yes - Even with the glitch I find it helpful

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No - I don't want my time wasted looking at an Alert that doesn't apply to me

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BQretired

Retired Site Admin
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Well, it seems that some members are occasionally receiving false Alerts, https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index.php?threads/deleted-message-i-didnt-post.110534 . So, I want to get input from members (reply below, if you are having similar problems).

Now, any time someone Likes your post, or you are Watching a topic/sub-forum, you do get an Alert that member X liked your post in NameOfThread. Or, X started topic XXXX in a watched thread.

However, you will also get an Alert for any staff action taken against your post/thread (we do this as a courtesy to let the o/p know*).

I don't think we would want the Alert system disabled (not sure if it can be done anyway). But, you can elect not to receive Alerts. However, if the majority vote NO, then it will apply to everyone (we can not send to certain members, while ensuring others don't get it).

*I will be honest here. Not having to notify the member of the action, will save us a little time. But, when added all together, it could save us substantial time. However, I think, that some actions (such as Rule violations) will have to continue.

Alerts will continue to be sent until the Poll is closed, and the Results are in.

I'm ''proud'' to be the first Yes voter out of 4 in total. :)
I think you posted this a bit later, then. :oops: Because, when I checked the topic early yesterday morning, there were 7 for Yes. And, 5 for no. ;)

Now, it's 13 Yes; 7 No.

They're useful albeit a bit irregular.