Users Who Have Not Logged In For Over 6 Months Will Be Deleted

admin

Forum Founder
Staff member
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Like the title says, time to do some pruning.

Those of you who lurk without logging in, now is the time to do so if you wish to keep your account. I will be purging all inactive accounts at the end of the month.

Thanks guys!
Admin

It would be nice for the lurkers to join in, instead of just, well, lurking.

I always wondered what was going to happen to that guy that had one post back in 2010!

Wow, good timing. I been gone over a year before coming back today.

I can see deleting users who have not logged in with 0 posts.

But I think deleting users who have not logged in who have posts is going to create gaps in the threads.

I run my own board and I think 6 months is a bit extreme.

Better yet, send out a mass email and delete all the accounts that the email bounces back with 0 posts.

People can go west without losing posts.

I can see deleting users who have not logged in with 0 posts.

But I think deleting users who have not logged in who have posts is going to create gaps in the threads.

I run my own board and I think 6 months is a bit extreme.

Better yet, send out a mass email and delete all the accounts that the email bounces back with 0 posts.

Yup posts won't be deleted, just accounts. I might increase the buffer to 12 months.. I think if you haven't logged in for 12 months you are not coming back.

Yup posts won't be deleted, just accounts. I might increase the buffer to 12 months.. I think if you haven't logged in for 12 months you are not coming back.

But then it shows “guest” next to their name.

It’s your decision, but I wouldn’t delete accounts with posts associated with it.

Like I said. I have been running a board for 20 years. Granted I see no issues deleting out all the accounts created by spy bots, and people who registered and never came back.

However there is no real benefit to deleting accounts if there are posts associated with them.

I think I registered, didn’t come back here for over a year until I discovered this place again.