Anyway to block users or threads?

huge-breasts

Reaction score
Is there anyway to block/mute a certain users or individual threads from being seen when browsing? I find myself using the watch feature for threads I'd like to keep up with, but there are often times threads that pop-up that I can't recall if I've seen before or not only for me to click on them and remembering that I'd like to avoid them. There is also a few users that I'd like to block because they simply post nothing I enjoy.

Do these features exist? If not, will they ever exist?

Thanks!

Is there anyway to block/mute a certain users or individual threads from being seen when browsing? I find myself using the watch feature for threads I'd like to keep up with, but there are often times threads that pop-up that I can't recall if I've seen before or not only for me to click on them and remembering that I'd like to avoid them. There is also a few users that I'd like to block because they simply post nothing I enjoy.

Do these features exist? If not, will they ever exist?

Thanks!
If you click on a user's name, you can select ignore to no longer see what they post.

I don't know of a way to block a thread. If you're receiving notifications for a thread, you either posted in that thread or have it selected to watch. You can remove a thread from watch list or delete your post(s) if receiving notifications on a thread.

Hope that helps

If you click on a user's name, you can select ignore to no longer see what they post.

I don't know of a way to block a thread. If you're receiving notifications for a thread, you either posted in that thread or have it selected to watch. You can remove a thread from watch list or delete your post(s) if receiving notifications on a thread.

Hope that helps
I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, one of the guys I'm trying to block is a staff member. Guess I'll just have to deal with him.

Thanks!

Must admit I've always thought the one specific feature that every forum would benefit from in terms of being user friendly would be a "Block Thread" function. I've always found it strange that there's always a "Watch/Subscribe to a thread" option but never a "Hide/Block a thread" one. My memory let's me down a bit these days & whilst it's not a massive part of my life wasted opening a thread only to find I've viewed it before & wasn't interested it would be very handy.

Must admit I've always thought the one specific feature that every forum would benefit from in terms of being user friendly would be a "Block Thread" function. I've always found it strange that there's always a "Watch/Subscribe to a thread" option but never a "Hide/Block a thread" one. My memory let's me down a bit these days & whilst it's not a massive part of my life wasted opening a thread only to find I've viewed it before & wasn't interested it would be very handy.
This is exactly how I feel. My block/mute thread list would be a mile long due to the amount of bad threads I encounter.

This is exactly how I feel. My block/mute thread list would be a mile long due to the amount of bad threads I encounter.
It's simple really.
If you're WATCHING a thread (i.e. subscribed to it) just UNWATCH it (i.e unsubscribe from it) and don't visit it again.

Also in your PREFERENCES in your ACCOUNT, you can set the notifications you want or do not want to receive. Easy-peasy!

How to block a member has been described above.

As for blocking a moderator, you're having a laugh :ROFLMAO: . Maybe leaving the forum may work if you do not like the moderation.

Attachments

• preferences.jpg
    preferences.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 7
It's simple really.
If you're WATCHING a thread (i.e. subscribed to it) just UNWATCH it (i.e unsubscribe from it) and don't visit it again.

Also in your PREFERENCES in your ACCOUNT, you can set the notifications you want or do not want to receive. Easy-peasy!

How to block a member has been described above.

As for blocking a moderator, you're having a laugh :ROFLMAO: . Maybe leaving the forum may work if you do not like the moderation.
I didn't say I disliked the "moderation". There's just one moderator that spam posts threads that I'd prefer to not ever see. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: