Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptar

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I want to address this issue. One of the things we run into here, as Staff, are long, drawn out arguments that begin with an innocent? trolling comment.
Certainly, contrary opinions are welcome and good, healthy debate is welcome.

However, there is a difference between a thread that is meant as appreciation for a model or idea; VS. a thread started to discuss a point of view.

If I make a thread titled, "BustyBonnie - Share the Love!"
-this is a thread for like-minded fans of BustyBonnie.
-members visit the thread, comment, and post, because they're fans.
-it's not a place to trash the model and be contrary to the members that like her

As well, if I make a thread, "List Your Top 3 Asian Busty Models!"
-I want you to list your top 3 busty Asian models
-I don't want to read your many reasons why African models are better, or why Asian models are bad
-the members that do appreciate the thread don't want to hear it either

Now, if I create a thread in the Discussion sub-forum "List of Top 10 All-Time Busty Models" and I include, in my post, a link to t10ranker. com and their list of top 10 and I offer my opinion. I'm welcoming other's civil opinions. I want to discuss their list.

A great comedic commentary I heard was perfect:
So, I've got a twitter account with 50k followers. I don't know them all. When I tweet, I'm making a general statement. I'm not talking to one individual in particular. Yet, I get these nasty replies as if I was talking directly to them in particular.
It's like going grocery shopping and seeing a paper on the bulletin board by the front door by Bob advertising guitar lessons. It has the little rip-away tabs with a phone number. So, I rip one off and call the number.
Bob answers, "Hello, Bob here."
I ask, "Bob. Hello. I saw your ad for guitar lessons."
Bob replies, "That's right."
So, I scream into the phone, "WELL, I DON'T WANT GUITAR LESSONS, DO I?! I DON'T LIKE THE GUITAR!"

Again, civil discourse and debate is welcome.

Thanks for joining my Ted Talk. :cool:
Ptar

Status
Not open for further replies.