Idk if this is just site tech help... :) Windows 10 8gb ram Very good processor. Photos take a while to load.

M

mal

When I open a folder on the PC , windows explorer, the little green line on the top of the window fills showing its working . The thumbnails load but with such a decent computer I would think it would be faster.

HD videos play no problem. Programs open pretty quick. Tons of tabs with little effect.

Open a folder with 200 photos? It changes its tune. tia.

Edit Added specificity

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mal,

have you already tried a different browser? There were some issues with ppl using for example Internet Explorer or just had to update their Firefox. We also had members who got problems with Apple mobile devices.

Cheers,

GSG9

@mal
Technically, it is geared more towards the Forums' tech issues, which most of our staff can help with.

But, off site / PC issues, are welcome, too.

Though, there is no guarantee of resolution.

Reactions: mal
Hey mal,

have you already tried a different browser? There were some issues with ppl using for example Internet Explorer or just had to update their Firefox. We also had members who got problems with Apple mobile devices.

Cheers,

GSG9

I meant opening photos on the PC. Windows explorer. My mistake.

I meant opening photos on the PC. Windows explorer. My mistake.

You can try Irfanview, a few years ago it helped when you couldn't open certain picture files. .BMP for example, but normally win explorer should open everything nowadays :unsure:

When I open a folder on the PC , windows explorer, the little green line on the top of the window fills showing its working . The thumbnails load but with such a decent computer I would think it would be faster.

HD videos play no problem. Programs open pretty quick. Tons of tabs with little effect.

Open a folder with 200 photos? It changes its tune. tia.

Edit Added specificity
Part of the reason for that is the number of items in the folder. Also file type can play a factor. Your computer is generating a preview image for all of those files among other actions. If you want to eliminate the load, you can try breaking up content into other folders. I personally just accept the load time because I don't want to be bothered sorting content of a particular woman into categories.